Open for a transfer
Dallas ISD’s open transfer period for the 2021-2022 school year starts in March. Principals in high priority and ACE campuses can begin sending recommendations for teachers, instructional coaches, counselors, and media specialists to HCM starting March 1 through April 23. The open transfer window for all other campuses begins March 8 and ends April 9.
The open transfer process allows current Dallas ISD teachers, instructional coaches, counselors and media specialists, who meet the guidelines outlined below, to accept a position at another campus for the following school year. During the open transfer period, current principal approval is not required.
Interested eligible employees must complete an application online by logging into www.dallasisd.org/careers with their EAD credentials and then use the internal openings link. Employees who do not apply will not be eligible to participate.
To be eligible for an open transfer, employees must:
- Hold a valid Texas Teacher Certificate in the requested subject-area vacancy and meet TEA/SBEC Certification Standards for the position
- Not be on a growth plan or have an unsatisfactory rating on the most current evaluation
- Not be entering their fourth year of an Alternative Certification Program
- Not be identified for non-renewal at the end of the current school year due to performance and/or misconduct
- For Instructional Coaches only: must receive approval from recommending campus executive director