Information on COVID-19 testing
With summer break over, Dallas ISD continues to work and plan for a transition of district staff to the office in August. Health and safety guidelines for use of facilities are still in effect, and information for staff will be updated in the re-entry website.
The Benefits Department has compiled information related to COVID-19 testing and other resources and services to support district employees who may have been exposed to the virus.
Dallas ISD Employees enrolled in TRS ActiveCare will have all costs waived for all COVID-19 testing. While insurance may be accepted for COVID-19 testing, under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act approved by Congress, employees should not have any out of pocket costs with their insurance. Uninsured employees will also be covered under a program funded by the Department of Health and Human Services.
Employees enrolled in TRS ActiveCare may also receive waived costs for all COVID-19 testing and reduced cost for inpatient admissions for treatment of COVID-19.
Information on testing sites:
- Only a CVS that has a MinuteClinic will provide COVID testing
- Five to seven days for results
- Symptom assessment is required
- Drive-up ONLY
- Results delivered by Email/text/phone call
- Insurance is accepted at CVS test sites
- CVS testing locations may be found at CVS: Find Testing Sites (there are 29 locations within 30 miles of the administration building)
- Open seven days a week, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Will bill an employee’s medical insurance (copay not collected at time of service)
- If no insurance, the Cares Act will cover the cost of testing
- Appointments are required
- Drive-up testing only
- Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday
- Three days for results
- No appointment required
- Testing is at no cost if:
- employee is a first responder or essential worker
- employee is symptomatic or has been exposed to COVID-19
- employee is 65 or older
- Dallas County COVID Testing Location
- Ellis Davis Field House 9191 S. Polk St., Dallas, TX 75232 | 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday–Saturday
- University of Dallas 1845 E Northgate Dr, Irving, TX 75062 | 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday–Saturday
Parkland Hospital (for Parkland patients only by appointment)
- Parkland Main Campus
- Hatcher Station Health Center
- Garland Health Center
- DeHaro-Saldivar Health Center
- Bluitt-Flowers Health Center
- Irving Health Center
- Southeast Dallas Health Center
- Carlyle Smith, Jr. Health Center
Walk Up Locations for COVID Testing
- Red Bird Mall / Westmoreland Park 7222 S. Westmoreland Road, Dallas, TX 75237 | Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m.–3 p.m. or until testing limit is reached. (Closed on Sundays.)
- Inspired Vision Compassion Center 2019 N. Masters Drive, Dallas, TX 75217 | Monday through Friday, 7 a.m.–3 p.m. or until testing limit is reached. (Closed on Sundays.)
- Sam Tasby Middle School 7001 Fair Oaks Avenue, Dallas, TX 75231| Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m.–3 p.m. or until testing limit is reached. (Closed on Sundays.)
- Salvation Army/Pleasant Grove Corps Community Center 8341 Elam Road, Dallas, TX 75217 Available starting July 13
For more information about contact tracing and other safety measures Dallas ISD has implemented, visit www.dallasisd.org/educationevolution.