Manage assets based on policy

Assets management policy covers several processes to accept and dispose of assets. These include:

Receiving assets

Departments and schools acquiring or receiving donations of Capital/Controllable assets must indicate the “SHIP TO ADDRESS” as Dallas ISD Central Receiving, 2517 S. Ervay, Dallas Texas 75215. That way the equipment will be tagged and distributed to the department/school accordingly.

The exceptions are equipment requiring installation/testing by the vendor. It is the responsibility of the department/school to inform Capital/Controllable Asset Management immediately upon receipt of such equipment. Best practices for the use of appropriate object codes when acquiring capital assets in Oracle can be found at our website

Storing obsolete equipment

Departments and schools should not use closets, rooms, or portable buildings and open areas to store obsolete or broken equipment. This presents safety, theft, and fire hazards.

An Equipment Transfer and Disposal form must be filled in Oracle for any obsolete and non-working capital equipment that needs to be disposed of or transferred between schools and/or departments, or taken to  Salvage & Surplus (Kiest Warehouse). The form can be found in Employee Self Service, DISD Fixed Asset Self Service. Use this link for instructions regarding the ERR FORM: For additional information about the transfer and disposal of Capital equipment, please visit the Capital Assets Management page.

For ERR FORM (Capital equipment – transfers/disposals) questions, contact David Kessebeh at (972)925-3842. For tagging Special Revenue (Grants/Special Education), CTE (capital equipment) and Donations (Capital Equipment) questions contact Phiebie Hutchins at (972-925-3857).

Transferring assets

Schools and departments must complete an Equipment Transfer and Disposal form in the TIPWEB fortransfers and disposals of controllable assets (CPU, monitors, laptops, small printers, notebooks etc.). For questions on TIPWEB, contact Lyn Wilkerson at 972-5801-4109.

The P1B FORMS should be used for all transfers and disposals of office or classroom furniture (chairs, tables, file cabinets, wall units, drawers, credenzas, etc.) and can be found at

You may also like