Start and end for 2023-2024
The 2023-2024 Calendar Start and End Dates for district team members are now available. There will be one calendar for all schools in the coming year, and highlights include:
- Principals return to work July 17
- Assistant Principals return to work July 24
- Teachers, media specialists, speech therapists/assistants, and nurses who are 191-day employees will return to work on July 31. This date will allow for additional staff development throughout the year. These groups will be required to work 1½ days on Sept. 14 and Feb. 22
- Campus based professional staff will receive one full day in the fall, and one full day in the spring credit for parent conference instead of the .5 day in the Fall and .5 day in the Spring as in past years.
- Employees with duty periods of 185 to 221 will receive a fall Break on Oct. 12 and 13. They will not receive a Fair Day for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Head athletic trainers (215-day) and athletic trainers (205-day) are required to work during the fall Break and will receive a fair day. Employees working 226 days or more will continue to receive a fair day in October.
- President’s Day (Feb. 19) will not be a board approved holiday for the 2023-2024 school year.
- The district will be closed Dec. 25-Jan. 5 for winter break
- The dates for parent conferences are still being determined and an update will be sent when finalized.
- The district will be closed July 1-5, 2024, for summer break
- Central team members who work 226 days will receive four non-duty days
- Police and security employees who work 235 days will receive seven non-duty days
Download the Calendar Start and End Dates for additional details.