The Association of Hispanic School Administrators awarded $13,000 in scholarships to Dallas ISD staff and students earlier this month. The organization also honored Superintendent Michael Hinojosa for his years of service to education and Dallas ISD.
Dr. Michael Hinojosa Pursuing Excellence Scholarship (Given to AHSA members):
- Ashley Fortner-Dominguez, LEAD—$1,000
- Marina Spataro, teacher at Jerry Junkins Elementary School—$1,000
- Beatriz Bustamante, teacher at the School for the Talented and Gifted at Pleasant Grove—$1,000
- Angelica Casanova, teacher assistant at Cochran Elementary School—$1,000
- Linda Stackhouse, teacher assistant at Arlington Park Early Childhood Center—$1,000
Si Se Puede College Bound Seniors:
- Noemy Burciaga—$1,500
- Syra Castillo—$1,500
- Jennifer Gomez—$1,500
- Tania Morin—$1,500
- Samantha Sanchez—$1,500
The mission of the Association of Hispanic School Administrators is to cultivate a pipeline of effective Hispanic leadership that reflects school district demographics and ensures educational equity for all students.