Tomorrow starts at Dallas ISD
Prekindergarten registration for the 2022-2023 school year in Dallas ISD begins Friday, April 1.
Children who are 3 or 4 years old by Sept. 1 can apply to one of Dallas ISD innovative prekindergarten programs, which will help them be better prepared for subsequent years—studies show that students who attend prekindergarten experience higher academic successes long-term.
To learn more about how prekindergarten can help students succeed and eligibility requirements, join one of the district’s virtual Discover Pre-K webinars on Saturday, April 2, or Saturday, April 30, starting at 10 a.m. Register for the virtual events at www.dallasisd.org/prek.
“When students come through our pre-K program, they are set up for better success in the future,” said Elena Hill, assistant superintendent for early learning. “It is encouraging to see the benefits our pre-k program are having on our youngest learners.”
Dallas ISD is offers options to ensure that every child is able to take advantage of its early learning programs.
To qualify for FREE prekindergarten children must meet at least ONE of the following requirements:
- Economically disadvantaged
- English Language Learner
- Foster care (currently or formerly)
- Child of an active member of the armed forces or a member of the armed forces killed/injured during active duty.
- Child of a Star of Texas Award recipient
Students who do not qualify based on these criteria may qualify for a prekindergarten scholarship for other reasons:
- Dallas ISD’s historical academic needs, as identified in district data (currently identified as African American students)
- Expanded income bracket
- English language proficiency (any parent can request their child be tested)
Children who do not meet the eligibility requirements for free prekindergarten or a scholarship can still enroll by paying tuition, an option available in several schools across the district.
For more information or to receive assistance with enrollment, visit www.prekdallas.org or call 214-932-7735.