Open transfer period begins March 6
Dallas ISD teachers, instructional coaches, counselors and media specialists who meet certain guidelines can accept a position at another campus for the following school year during the open transfer period.
Starting March 6, Human Capital Management will begin accepting principal recommendations. Eligible employees must apply online using their EAD login at www.dallasisd.org/careers using the internal openings link. Employees who do not apply will not be eligible to participate. The deadline for principals to submit a recommendation for the open transfer period is 11 :59 p.m. April 10.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for an open transfer, employees must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a valid Texas Teacher Certificate in the requested subject-area vacancy and meet TEA/SBEC Certification Standards for the position
- Must not be on a growth plan or have an unsatisfactory rating on the most current evaluation
- Must not be entering their fourth year of an Alternative Certification Program
- Must not be identified for non-renewal at the end of the current school year due to performance and/or misconduct
- For instructional coaches only—must receive approval from recommending campus executive director
Human Capital Management will send email notifications of approval/denial throughout the open transfer period. These notifications will be sent to the employee along with the current and receiving principal. Transfers are not final until an approval email notification has been sent from Human Capital Management. All notifications will be completed by April 24.
Starting April 11, transfers will need to follow the administrative transfer guidelines. If you have any questions about the open transfer process, please contact HCM at (972) 925-4200 or email@example.com.