Future principals—your time is now
The district’s Leader Excellence, Advancement and Development program wants teachers and instructional coaches to know that the district has three university principal prep program partnerships, of which two are currently accepting applications. The district offers partial tuition reimbursement for participants who are selected into one of these programs. One of the goals of the LEAD program is to grow high-potential teachers and instructional coaches as rising leaders for the district, ensuring that year after year, each school has an effective leader.
Winter break is the perfect time to apply for the two master’s degree principal prep programs whose deadlines are approaching.
University of Texas at Austin—Texas Principal Leadership Academy
Application deadline: Wednesday, Jan. 15
- Fast-tracked 12-month program resulting in an M.Ed in Educational Leadership and Policy with principal certification
- 12-month residency with hands-on training as a leadership intern under the guidance of a mentor principal
- Classes take place in Austin, online and in the Dallas area
For more information and to apply, visit education.utexas.edu/principal
Southern Methodist University—Aspiring Leaders Program
Application deadline: Monday, Feb. 17
- Two-year program resulting in an M.Ed in Urban Educational Leadership with principal certification
- Second year residency under the guidance of a mentor principal and on-the-job support and coaching from Teaching Trust staff
For more information and to apply, visit smu.edu/urbanleader
University of North Texas at Dallas—Future Leaders Academy
The application window is not yet available.
- 18-month program resulting in an M.Ed in Educational Leadership with principal certification
- Classes held at a central Dallas ISD location
- Internship course taught by Dallas ISD leaders
For more information, email LEAD@dallasisd.org