Tune in to the board briefing
During its monthly board briefing, Dallas ISD trustees will hear reports on the proposed budget for the 2023-2024 school year that includes raises and a presentation on the district’s sustainability efforts.
The presentation about the proposed budget for the 2023-2024 school will include a discussion of a plan to:
- increase the minimum teacher salary to $61,000,
- increases to the new teacher hiring schedule to meet market rates, and
- an average increase of $1,000 for most TEI compensation levels as well as a differentiated salary increase of up to 3%.
The proposed compensation package also includes increasing the minimum wage to $16 an hour and a 2% increase from the midpoint for exempt campus and central team members. Details of the 2023-2024 retention incentive, including an additional $1,000 for employees with at least five years of service with Dallas ISD, will also be part of the discussion.
The presentation about the district’s progress toward sustainability goals—set in 2020 as a result of a board environment and climate resolution—will include information about installation of water fountains and bottle filling stations with lead-free filters at schools and other district facilities. Operations team members will also provide updates on the district’s acquisition of 17 electric school buses through a federal grant and the status of the recycling program at schools. Other updates include:
- The district achieving and maintaining a 97% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions since 2020
- Plans to continue use of 100% renewable sources for electricity for existing and new facilities
- Increase reduction of natural gas use beyond the current 29.7%
Monthly board briefings are scheduled to start at 11:30 a.m. and can be accessed by visiting the meeting webcast page.