Don’t get phished
Can you recognize a phishing email right away? These scams are more and more common and can often be hard to spot without being constantly vigilant. Sometimes they seem to come from sources you know or trust. Dallas ISD’s Information Technology is here to help by sharing tips to recognize these scams and avoid being phished.
- Look out for spelling and grammar errors
- Don’t click on links or attachments you aren’t familiar with
- Is the sender a legitimate source/contact?
- Be aware of unsolicited emails that ask for personal information
- Don’t download files that you did not request or are expecting
- Use/request materials via Google Drive or SharePoint from peers instead of having to download file attachments
- Avoid clicking/opening on OneNote (Example: file.one) attachments
If you think you or a member of your team is experiencing a privacy matter involving student data or any kind of cybersecurity incident, please submit a ticket immediately and ask that the ticket be routed to the Security Team.