CUTX can help you further your education
The application period for the 2023 William H. Cotton Scholarship, worth $20,000, is now open to all Dallas ISD educators who want to pursue post-graduate degrees.
The scholarship was established by Credit Union of Texas to honor the legacy of Cotton’s 46 years of dedication and service to Dallas ISD and the Credit Union of Texas. It is awarded to one district educator or administrator seeking to pursue continuing post-baccalaureate education, including certifications, to further their career in the field of education for the benefit of the Dallas ISD community and its students. Cotton was a long-time principal and administrator who was also the first African-American president of the Dallas School Administrators Association. He retired in 2000 as an associate superintendent.
The completed scholarship application should be emailed or postmarked no later than March 31, 2023.
Who is eligible?
- Applicant must be a CUTX member with a checking account or a loan product prior to submitting an application. Eligibility requirements must be met annually for renewal.
- Checking account, and all other accounts at CUTX, must be in good standing. Eligibility requirements must be met annually for renewal.
- Must be a full-time or part-time Dallas ISD faculty or administrator. Eligibility requirements must be met annually for renewal.
- Must be intended to further your career in education and serve the Dallas ISD community during the course of the scholarship term. Eligibility requirements must be met annually for renewal.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident.
- All required attachments must be submitted with your application (see below).
- CUTX employees and family members of CUTX employees are NOT eligible for this scholarship.
- Incomplete applications or those missing any required documents will not be considered.
- Applications postmarked after the deadline will not be considered.
- Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the educational institution. Continued disbursement of scholarship funds requires a grade of C or better in a graded course and passing in a pass/fail course.
- The scholarship value will be awarded in increments of $5,000 per semester over a period of four semesters.
For more information about the scholarship and to apply by March 31, visit https://www.cutx.org/community/cutx-cotton-scholarship.