Transition into teaching for free
Dallas ISD is calling all who are interested in teaching—and not just those who have a teaching degree. Through the district’s Alternative Certification Program, anyone with a college degree who is passionate about student success can get a teaching certification for free.
Degreed professionals who want to transition into teaching will receive free program fees and tuition, high quality professional development, guaranteed employment in Dallas ISD and ongoing program support as they seek certification in these critical need areas:
- Core subjects (early childhood-sixth grade/ESL) with Science of Teaching Reading
- Bilingual (early childhood-sixth grade)
- Special education (early childhood-12th grade)
- Math (seventh-12th grades)
- Science (seventh-12th grades)
- English language arts and reading (seventh-12th grade)
Live information sessions are available every Tuesday before the Jan. 31 application deadline for the next cohort. Download the flyer to find out more about the sessions.
To apply or for more information, visit the Dallas ISD Alternative Certification Program at www.dallasisd.org/altcert.