CUTX offers scholarship to educators
Dallas ISD educators can now apply for the $20,000 William H. Cotton Scholarship, established by Credit Union of Texas to honor the legacy of Cotton’s 46 years of dedication and service to Dallas ISD and the Credit Union of Texas.
The scholarship is awarded to one district educator or administrator seeking to pursue continuing post-baccalaureate education, including certifications, to further their career in the field of education for the benefit of the Dallas ISD community and its students. Cotton was a long-time principal and administrator who was also the first African-American president of the Dallas School Administrators Association. He retired in 2000 as an associate superintendent.
The completed scholarship application should be emailed or postmarked no later than June1.
Who is eligible?
- Applicant must be a CUTX member with a checking account prior to submitting an application.
- Checking account, and all other accounts at CUTX, must be in good standing.
- Must be a full-time or part-time Dallas ISD faculty or administrator.
- Must be intended to further your career in education and serve the Dallas ISD community during the course of the scholarship term.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident.
- All required attachments must be submitted with your application (see below).
- CUTX employees and family members of CUTX employees are NOT eligible for this scholarship.
What you should attach.
- The completed application
- A professional resume.
- Proof of current Dallas ISD employment (contract or pay stub).
- Two current letters of recommendation. One letter must be from a professional/scholastic reference and one from a personal reference. Each letter should be dated and include the name, address, and phone number of the referrer. The letter must state how long and in what capacity the referrer knows the applicant.
- A typed essay. All applications must include a typed essay between 500-600 words about the top three challenges Dallas ISD faces in the next five years. You should also describe your goals and vision to overcome each of these challenges.
Incomplete applications or those missing any required attachments will not be considered.
Applications postmarked after the deadline will not be considered.
Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the educational institution. Continued disbursement of scholarship funds requires a grade of C or better in a graded course and passing in a pass/fail course.
The scholarship value will be awarded in increments of $5,000 per semester over a period of four semesters.
Email the completed scholarship and attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email is preferred, but you can mail to William H. Cotton Scholarship Committee, Credit Union of Texas, P.O. Box 7000, Allen, Texas 75013-1305