Family time and delicious food
Spending time with family and enjoying some much-needed rest are traditions that Dallas ISD staff enjoy during the Thanksgiving break. Thank you for sharing your traditions and plans for the break with all of us.
These are some of the comments you shared:
- I am looking forward to being with my family. It’s the time to make more memories with my family especially my grandkids. We love to bake desserts for Thanksgiving.
- I just love spending time with family because life is short and eating cornbread dressing, turkey, ham, collard greens, hot water cornbread, whole cranberry sauce (lol) and a host of other dishes. We have plenty of desserts! Yummy Happy Thanksgiving, all!
- I look forward to spending time with family and friends most years. This year we don’t have plans to travel to visit family, but I look forward to a simplified day and meal for my husband and myself. It is a day not only for gratitude but also for rejuvenation of the soul.
- Thanksgiving week is an American tradition but even though I was born and raised in Mexico, my family adopted this beautiful tradition to reflect on the many blessings we have and are thankful for. If we couldn’t find turkey in our hometown, someone would get us one from across the border. Thanksgiving week also overlaps with my birthday and my brother’s birthday, so we always have turkey on the table for a triple celebration!
- I can’t wait to enjoy cooking with my kids and football!
- Looking forward to the rest, break, cooking, time with family—otherwise, let’s wrap up a great semester.
- Thanksgiving is the favorite holiday in my family since I don’t celebrate most other major holidays. Love the food, fellowship, being blessed in this country, and having a supreme being to give thanks to.
- Excited to have family in town and eat all the yummy food, go shopping and just be relaxing away from work!
- On Thanksgiving, I’m looking forward to eating, of course, cuddling on the couch with my family and watching football as well as putting up our Christmas tree later that night. I am GRATEFUL for the small things!
- I’m looking forward to Thanksgiving because my co-workers from Boude Storey, Henry B. Gonzalez, Thomas J. Rusk, Dr. Fredrick Todd, and Jimmie Tyler Brashear work together to feed our friends who are between homes. This year we will be feeding twice, on Tuesday, November 22, and again on Thanksgiving morning. It’s so refreshing to know that we still united as a collective group to serve those in need.
- Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday to spend with family. The time off is spent at home, baking our favorite dishes with grandkids. and watching holiday movies.
- A time to rest and enjoy the days with my family and friends. Sleep in late, enjoy a cup of coffee and my outdoors walks. That’s what I am looking forward too!
- No more turkey! We travel to the ocean and eat really fresh seafood. And we fly our kites.