Think before you click
October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month, and Dallas ISD’s Information Technology is sharing tips to stay safe online. This week, Avoid Being Phished:
- STOP and think if you are expecting the sender’s email
- Hover over links to verify if it’s from a trusted source
- Don’t respond to unsolicited emails that ask for personal information
- Be super cautious before clicking or downloading attachments
- Don’t be tricked by what appears to be an urgent message
- Remember: If something is too good to be true in appearance, it probably is too good to be true in reality
National Cybersecurity Month has been celebrated since 2004 led by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the National Cybersecurity Alliance (NCA) in a collaborative effort between government and industry to raise cybersecurity awareness nationally and internationally.
This year’s theme—See Yourself in Cyber—shows that everyone is part of cyberspace and that it’s up to each person to make smart decisions to keep important information safe.