Dallas ISD schools and offices will be closed Friday, Dec. 22, through Friday, Jan. 5, for Winter Break. Students return on Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2018, with staff reporting back to work the day before on Monday, Jan. 8.
Additionally, the district’s secondary schools will have early release days Dec. 19-21. Most middle schools, academies and Montessori schools will dismiss at 12:35 p.m., while most high schools, magnet schools and early colleges will dismiss at 1:15 p.m. Exceptions are noted in the list below. Confirm early release times with your child’s school. Elementary schools will in most cases dismiss at the normal end-of-day times.
12:00 p.m. dismissal
• Kathlyn Gilliam Collegiate Academy
• Barack Obama Male Leadership Academy
• IDEA High School
12:35 p.m. dismissal
• Ann Richards Middle School
• Billy Earl Dade Middle School
• Thomas Edison Middle Learning Center
• Sarah Zumwalt Middle School
• J.L. Long Middle School
• Young Women’s STEAM Academy at Balch Springs
• Young Men’s Academy at Florence
• Piedmont GLOBAL Academy
1 p.m. dismissal
• Bryan Adams High School
• Trinidad Garza Early College High School
• John L. Patton
• W.W. Samuell Early College High School
Other exceptions: Woodrow Wilson High School, 1:05 p.m.; Lassiter Early College and A. Maceo Smith New Tech High School, 1:15 p.m..